Saturday, June 28, 2014

4 hours wasted

spending 4 hours at western wake last night and getting put through a very painful iv situation for what turns out to be nothing I know, better to be safe than sorry still pisses me off. Why? Because my doctor is now denying he told me to go to the hospital. They paged him and talked to him and he told them he didn't tell me to go.

 So as I'm being discharged the nurse puts the blood pressure cuff up high on my right upper arm where my shoulder injury is and it started getting tighter and tighter. I start screaming bloody murder and moving so it gets tighter and tighter and she said I had to calm down or it would continue to do that. I said I can't help it so she angrily rips the cuff off and I ask her to have someone else come and do it. 

She asks how they will do it any differently and I am sitting there in tears covering my face for at least 10 minutes hoping Bill will speak up and ask for the other person to come in but no, he sits there and brings up the fact I have fibromyalgia so I'm more tender which had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this and discredits me with them immediately when they hear I have it. 

I finally start breathing normally and look at Bill and the nurses asks if I'm ready to continue.. I had been trying to wait her out to get her to leave and let someone else finish. So she showed me the discharge papers and I said where do I sign, signed and she left me my copy apologizing several times for hurting me. I just kept my mouth shut until she left. 

Bill understands now and knows for the future. I was flashing back very badly to the nurse from UNC that was so bad to me on that same side. I mean, I had told the woman I need to have support under where you are going to attempt to do the iv or I will jump, move, yip, yell, etc. if it is a sensitive area. It is involuntary and I have no idea what will happen. Her superior was in the room at that point and got a sheet that was still all folded up out and put it by my foot for her to use and she didn't. 

She didn't listen to anything. 4 hours of crying, screaming, mental distress, tests, etc. I wouldn't volunteer to do since I was to see the pulmonologist on monday at UNC. I went to my GP to see if I could wait and they said no. I will be in his office first thing monday am to find out who the receptionist talked to and what they really said.

I wrote an e-mail to the Dr. at UNC I am to see on Monday to see if I need to keep the Appt. because the dr. in the ER didn't see since I was therapeutic what else there was THEY could do so was there something they knew that Western Wake didn't that would require me to still go on Monday.  They responded yes, there are things we need to discuss so please still come. At least they are forthright and honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment